Monday, February 13, 2012

Missing! My Creativity....

Over the last 8 weeks or so I have had a total lack of desire to be creative...On top of being really busy with life in general, morning sickness has zapped any resolve to do anything apart from sleeping, being sick, rummaging in the cupboard for some kind of food to keep down and sleeping some more. I had no idea how tired I would be an how sick I would feel. I am hoping (with every finger and toe crossed) that it will pass soon and I might get my energy and creative mojo back.

At the moment, my life is filled with doctor's visits (really, how many times is normal in one week?), work and filling current orders (which thankfully, have kept my mind occupied and hands busy). Cooking dinner for hubs when he gets home from work has been a bit hit and miss - there has been way too many pizza and thai meals around here!

Today e had a baby scan that totally amazed me. After nearly a year at IVF and a few losses, I am still in awe that I am actually having a baby. I sit and watch the ultrasound screen and think...Whose baby is that? That can't be mine! Yet, as my stomach grows and I devour salt and vinegar chips by the kilo, it becomes more real. To all those couples out there that are till trying and going through what is one of the hardest times of your life...stay strong. I know how it feels and to be honest, in the middle of it, it SUCKS. I am not going to give you "it will be alright in the end" cause I hated that. Just keep strong. Your future babies are worth it.

Enough waffling on from me....even though I haven't done alot of new projects lately (I do hve a few I want to try when time allows) I did have one small project I didn't show you...

My nan is the queen of making receiving blankets for babies. (Receiving blankets?? What the?) Basically, a soft flannel blanket with a crochet edge that is divine for wrapping bub, laying on the floor for bub to lay on and any general "baby needs a blanket" time. I wanted to give one a go considering I always loved my nan's one...
Here is my first attempt (I now regret the colours I used, so not happy with it but hey, it's a first attempt!)


Before you say it, I know my toenails drastically need a re-paint. It's been done!


That's it for me today! Hope you are having a great week and getting some sun!
Ciao
Bella
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment