Saturday, January 28, 2012

Play Bags

Yesterday while shopping with my sister, we found some great second hand toys in the local opportunity shop. One in particular caught my attention, a full dinosaur play set complete with faux rocks, trees, dinosaurs - enough to set up a whole dino land! I grabbed it for $5 thinking it would be great for work and future kids.
It came in a plastic container (as do most modern toys) and age and use had made the container damaged and bent out of shape. Once I got the toys home, I soaked them in disinfectant and put them out to air dry. Then, I got to work making a cute bag to store all the toys in.
This is what I came up with:


I added a cute little dinosaur applique on the front, so you know what is in the bag, and helpful when kid are packing away their own toys, the dino toys go in the dino bag!

Easy drawstring top...

One of the best things about these bags is that they could easily be hung on the back of a door to keep the toys out of the way. If you had a rack with 4 hooks across the kids bedroom, I can imagine you could hang 4 bags like these and have some storage up off the floor! This is hung on the back of my bathroom door, but you get the picture.

These bags are great for most toys but especially those annoying "little peices" sets like lego, duplo etc. All together in one bag!



With a good wash and cute new bag, old toys are made new!
I can imagine I will have bags like these everywhere when my kids make their appearance! Would be great even for storing in toy boxes.

Have a great week friends!
Ciao
Bella
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment