Sunday, September 11, 2011

Introducing Polly!!

Before I show you what I wanted to today, I firstly wanted to mention that today is the 10th anniversary for 9/11. I have so much respect for those that lost their lives trying to save the lives of others and pause to remember those that are still grieving for family members lost today. My heart goes out to all that lost someone and still misses someone today.



It seems somehow "not right" to just move on and talk about my latest sewing project in light of the above picture doesn't it?? Suffice to say that I hope everyone found time to pause, even for a minute, and reflect on the courageous men and women who really gave everything on that sad day.

Something to make us all smile...

This is Polly. She's cute.

A smiley, happy face
Stripy stockings with a little love heart..

Waiting to be cuddled and loved by someone special...

Ok, now the facts. I got this design from Nest Studio and tweaked it a little (I don't think I have ever followed a pattern exactly as it says???) Anyway, I wanted something easy peasy that would make me smile and this delivered. This one was my "practice" and I currently have another two nearly finished, one in bright bold colours and another in beautiful pastels. I also made one of them half the size (perfect for toddler hands). 
I also think these cute dolls are good for our "big girls" as decoration in their rooms - especially if made with a vintage print...too cute for words. I want one in my room. I just know what hubs is going to say....

Next week I will hopefully have finished my way-too-cute donkey softie (seriously I am obsessed with donkeys. I have already done the research on keeping and breeding mini donkeys in preparation for when we get our land. Yep. I am serious about donkeys!!! Did you know that mini-donkeys make great family pets and they are especially good with the little people??? See, you learn something new when you read this blog!!)

Ok enough rambling. Have a great week everyone!
Ciao
Bella
xx




No comments:

Post a Comment