Sunday, August 28, 2011

Cotton Headbands

Hi friends! It has been a busy one this weekend! I have been away on my dear friend Ell's birthday weekend in the Southern Highlands which was so delightful! Although I have come home with infected wisdom teeth AGAIN...grrr I hate them! Anyway, a couple of weeks ago my sister saw a beautiful headband that she loved so I decided to make one for her. I used organic cotton, which feels soooo soft and embellished it with vintage lace and buttons plus a cute little flower.
I haven't seen my sis this week so I had to model this headband myself (which is not my favourite thing to do) so I decided to make it a bit fun! (BTW Cass if you are reading this, this is your headband!! I will give it to you when I see you next....)



This is how I feel about modelling my own stuff...






I actually used a bought pattern for this (shock horror!!) and I got it from this lovely lady..Elisa McLaughlin. She has some really great patterns. I bought her knit headband pattern and I know I will get ALOT of use out of this. It is starting to get a bit warm for a wool headband but I can see myself making lots of cotton ones for spring! 
That's all for me today, I will be back again soon with some (hopefully) finished projects to show you!
Have a good week
Ciao
Bella
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment