Saturday, July 9, 2011

Girl in Blue

I have been looking forward to doing this post for ages!!! I have been quietly (and rather slowly..) working away on this little cardi for a while, doing it in bits and peices and I finally finished it this week!! I made it from a pattern published by Patons ("Retro Babes" book 1306). After I had finished it I thought it would look extra cute with a headband so I added that as well (headband is my pattern). My niece Macie did the best job of modelling them for me. Here are the pics, they turned out extra cute (a big thanks to my sisters for helping me make Macie happy while we snapped the pics!)

Cardi is crocheted in merino wool and uses a 3mm hook. 
                         I decided to add some cute little feathers into the headband. They are so cute!

Trying to eat a leaf! 
The leaves were so fascinating! 

Beautiful girl!

Doesn't she look just lovely?? Nothing quite like handmade!

I have a trillion more pics but I'm gathering you get the gist! 
I have been working on some lovely crochet necklaces for women which I will try and get up during the week. I know you will love them!

It has been windy and cold here all day and I have caught a slight touch of the flu that is travelling around..I hope it decides to up and leave soon!

Have a good week and try to keep warm!
Ciao
Bella
xx

2 comments:

  1. love love love love love!!!!!! Macie is just sooo cute as a model as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's gorgeous. She's adorable too.

    ReplyDelete