Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Childhood Flashbacks...

I have been known as a bit of a dork, but one of my favourite childhood pastimes (and still is now...) was READING. I love a good book. I love to get lost in the pages of a story, get right into the characters and escape for a little while into a land I will never visit in reality. I can read for hours, devour a book within a few short days and trawl through bookshops for hours on end. A few months ago, my mum gave me some of my childhood books to keep for my children to hopefully enjoy (I am hoping they take after me and love reading, husband is not so keen and doesn't like to sit still long enough to have a good read!). I thought I would show you my favourite childhood books, which really, helped to shape who I am now, steered my interests and gave me a love for many of my favourite hobbies now...

What girl didn't love Trixie Belden????? I had the whole collection (bought mostly at book exchanges and garage sales) and would of given anything to live a life like Trixie did, full of adventure!!!


I read all of the Little House books and even have the DVD's now. I loved the character of "Laura" - spunky, full of attitude, loving and destined for a huge life.

I'm almost a little embarrassed to say that I adored Sweet Valley Twins!!! It can go in my shame file.


I got lost in the Magic Faraway Tree and read every one of Enid Blyton's books...



I think the last two are my long standing favourites...L.M.Montgomery and Louisa May Alcott..I still read them now when I need a good dose of fiction to remind me that the world is and can be a nice place!!!

What were your favourite books as a child? Do you still read them now?
Have a brilliant week, hope you find time to escape into the pages of a good book..

Ciao
Bella
xx
PS..I am currently working on a set of crochet Babushka dolls. They are soooo cute!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment