Saturday, June 4, 2011

Hands up for Warmth and Fun!!!

It is officially winter (yuck!!!!) I am a bit of a season-whinger. At the start of summer, I am loving it, happy to be warm and without lots of layers and love everything the summer season has to offer. By the end of summer though, all I do is whinge about the heat, the constant sweat and the cost of running the air con. I long for winter where there is no humidity and I can sleep all rugged up. Now that it is winter, I am already hating it. Hating being cold. Hating getting out of a warm bed for work...you know the deal. So, with this post, I am attempting to get myself out of the winter blues (which are totally self imposed!!).
Here goes...

What winter bub would be complete without the cutest leg warmers!!!! I made these for my niece Macie and I must admit, she looks pretty darn cute! (excuse the poor photos, I actually left my camera, which I took all the photos on, at my sister's!!. These are off my phone, which is a bit so-so with photos, so I am sure you will get the gist!)

Crochet in 100% wool, with of course a ruffled flower for added effect. How cute are little baby feet!!

Complete with little ruffled nappy pants, they are so cute!!!

The colours really "pop" when teamed with something white

Excuse all the "back shots", all the other ones that include her sweet little face are on my camera :(

By the way...these are excellent for crawling babies (especially when crawling on wooden floors)..soft and warm padding!

I often read blogs from people all around the world. I get so inspired by the different ideas and thoughts from people who live millions of miles across the ocean. One of these blogs is Design Mom..she is a mother of 6 (yikes!) but looks like a mother of none. She has so many great ideas, is creative and a awesome mum to boot. She actually did one post about tree houses which I loved...who doesn't want their kid swinging around and playing in a tree house? I want one! She did a guest post on another site, here are some pics for you to check out! (go have a look yourself at Design Mom - Tree Houses)


Aren't they awesome!! (the one just above is actually in the backyard of her home in France..sigh...)

That's it for me now...gotta go, hubs is bugging me for the laptop!
Have a great week!
Ciao
Bella
xx





No comments:

Post a Comment