Saturday, May 7, 2011

Sewing: Dress and Bloomers

Hi there folks... it is the most beautiful autumn day for Mothers Day today! The sun is shining and here in the mountains the trees have the most brilliant red, orange and yellow leaves. Apart from the cold, I absolutely LOVE living in the mountains, especially during Autumn, where it seems that everything is so full of colour.

On the creative side, I have been busy as always and have about 10 projects on the go at any one time. I just finished a cute little outfit, not sure who it is going to yet, but my niece Macie did a good job of modelling for me anyway!

It's a tiny bit big for her but you get the drift. It is a really sweet summer dress or could easily be worn in winter with a long sleeved shirt and tights underneath...

It didn't take alot of material, just 2 types and made in panels that are gathered to give it that "full" look so it doesn't just drop straight down.

What little girl dress would be complete without bloomers for the underneath! Maybe I am picky, but if a little girl still wearing a nappy has a dress on, she ABSOLUTELY has to have little bloomers over the top. Just tucks it all in nicely I say...

Of course a sweet little frill on the backseat adds an extra dimension of cuteness!


I am making some cute patchwork skirts at the moment with matching applique tops, so I will put those up when I am done. 

For some more cuteness!

I quickly made up these cute teddy bear ears headband for my neice...she obviously likes them!

She calls them her "tebby bears"...cute I say.

Hope it isn't too cold where you are this week are we slowly descend into winter...but then again, winter can be beautiful!


Enjoy your week!

Ciao
Bella
xx



No comments:

Post a Comment