Saturday, May 14, 2011

Babushka Love

Hi friends! This week has flown by awfully quick (probably all the shivering we have done with the recent cold snap!) I feel like I haven't been able to get warm all week unless I set up camp directly in front of the heater (thank goodness for gas heating so I don't have to worry too much about the cost!) We have had quite the lazy weekend this weekend, just catching up with odd jobs around the house, sleeping in, gardening and me catching up on some sewing and crochet projects that had fallen by the wayside.

My finished project to show this week is a birthday gift for my soon to be 2 year old niece Marlee (aka Moose).. here she is...
This is me and here when she was a little bubba...

and this is her at Christmas...
I wanted to make her something for her birthday rather than give her something so I decided to make her a Babushka doll...

Isn't she cute!!! I decided to make her more "handled" than round edges (easier for little hands to pick up and hold onto) I did her in a combination of reds and greens (although half way through the project I did stop and wonder if the colours were too "Christmasy" but I had already cut her out so I continued on)

I think her face is really sweet...

A scarf tied around the neck for a little "old granny" feel

Ta-dah! finished!

I hope she likes it! It is quite a big pattern so I do envisage it may be more decoration in her room than an everyday play thing but i also thought it would be good for little heads to use as a pillow...

In an effort to convince myself that the cold weather can be good...here is a picture of a beautiful winter scene I found. Pity it doesn't get that winter beautiful here....


That's it for now...hope you enjoy the rest of your weekend wherever you are..

Ciao
Bella
xx



No comments:

Post a Comment