Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Dino Kids!

As you have probably guessed, I LOVE making stuff for little girls...there are sooo many options and all so cute as well. After lavishing my nieces with lots of cute stuff, it was time for the nephews to get a go too. My nephew Nate (who is the sweetest, but also coolest, little guy ever) needed a hat. I got to creating and came up with what I am calling "Dino Boy"...here are some pics...

Nephew Ryley..beautiful eyed boy!

A boy's boy...Nate, but also so loving and kind!

Ok so you have seen the front view of the hat. I made it with a size 5.00mm hook, and a combo yarn of merino and wool. It has a nice soft cosy feel but also fairly durable, and most importantly for little people, it can be washed!



back view..cute little dino "spikes". The kids LOVED this hat. They all fought over it and wanted to wear it..(I bet you can guess what I now have on the list to make multiples of!)


I love the back view, it is mega cute!!!

It was done in a bit of a rush, so for the trained eye, excuse the mistakes! I didn't want to wait till I finished another one before I put the post up. The kids were having so much fun playing together as cousins, I decided to put them up!
Not to be outdone, the girls all needed to have a go at the hat too..I had to put in some of these...it was way too big on the girls, but they still looked cute!




Wearing the hat gives you immediate licence to roar like a dinosaur and chase your cousins in the attempt to "scare" them, as only dinosaurs too. That's good enough for me!

All is well here in our house, winter is fast approaching here in the mountains, the ugg boots and hoodie's had made their first appearance!. We are counting down to our annual Easter holiday and looking forward to a great month in May. 

Ciao!
Bella
xx


2 comments:

  1. Yay you finished it - its FABULOUS!!! I definitely want to order one when you don't have so many orders to fill. love ya x

    ReplyDelete
  2. It turned out well hey!!! I was happy with it (minus the mistakes)...ok so let me know what colours you want...Ive already got a couple of orders after tonight..I might have to stock up on new delicious wool to make them all! Mwah!

    ReplyDelete