Saturday, February 19, 2011

Bags of Knitted Fun!!

It is muggy and yucky weather once again but I don't care cause I have a ta-da!!!! to show you!! I posted a while ago about the knitted balls I had been making. I thought that they needed a cute little bag to go in to finish it off and make it a "whole" kind of thing...they were easy and quick to make and for the little effort, I am really quite pleased with the result....

A little embellishment on the front to match the balls on the inside..

Inspiration taken from the little boys at work who are constantly building "rockets" out of the duplo...

I think it looks so cute!!

Not forgetting the "blue one". I used quite a plain ribbon - in fact, it isn't even ribbon, it is a edging I use when making little hobby horses..

Makes a cute little gift don't you think???

What little one wouldn't love reaching into this little bag?

The knitted balls are the BEST for squeezy action!! The educator in me wants to point out that they help to develop children's muscles in their hands (which are needed for their grip - especially handling a pencil, using tongs, picking up items and so on....), great to teach concepts such as shapes, rolling, movement and to help with pre-concepts of catching and throwing.
Yep, so the education bit is done....now the crafter in me wants to say "look how pretty!!!" Made using 100% Australian wool and 100% Merino. They are soooo soft to feel and hold. I just want to hold them all the time....
The passionate-about-history-in-me wants to say how perfect they are for children (and for looking at for big people!) and how such a simple item can be used in so many ways. There is no gaudy plastic in this toy! Easy to wash and not overboard.
Ok so my sales pitch is done. I'm sure you all like my little creations now!!!
(PS - don't give them to grown up husbands. They will take great delight in throwing them at you for no reason at all. They don't hurt at all - just annoying when you are trying to concentrate on something else important like Grey's Anatomy!)

so last item on the agenda....
My new material!!!!!! Sew Beautiful www.sewbeautiful.com.au, which is a great new sewing shop in my town had the most beautiful material on sale for only $5 per metre  100% cotton and 100% linen!!! I am thinking cute little summer jumpsuits for bubba girls and maybe a matching little toy?? 

Once again I have so many ideas with so little time (darn this full time work business!!!)
A little sneak peak at my next project.....(one of the only times I will make and sell something that isn't my own pattern but they are so beautiful and originally from Alaska so I thought Aussie bubs needed some of these!! Tara graciously allows her work to be made and sold..gem isn't she!!)

Birdie rattles!!!! aren't they just lovely...
Beautiful aren't they???? Tree rattles (or can be made without the rattle)
Go to easymakesmehappy.blogspot.com for more info and to see more of Tara's beautiful work.

Anyway....I'm sure you have all heard enough. Off to hit the books...

Much love!
Ciao,
Bella 
xxx


2 comments:

  1. Hi Bella, thanks for popping into Flutterby Patch. I can see we are on the same side of the fence so to speak. I come from a family of teachers and I'm afraid I have to stop short of lecturing the readers of my blog!! I can see where your ideas and comments stem from, todays kids have so much meterial wealth but are sadly lacking in so much more. Keep up the good work, it's all very worthwhile.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Eli!!! I am new to this blogging business so I so appreciate your feedback! I have bought a few of your patterns over the last year and I love them! Your blog also inspires me...

    ReplyDelete