Saturday, January 29, 2011

Vintage Kiddie Love!

We aren't talking about vintage children here (thanks goodness!) but vintage things for children! Husband and I were out and about today and we saw a sign that said 40% off! Of course we pulled in and had a little look..As I wandered through all of the treasures I mentally calculated what we could spend and justify! In the end, I didn't spend too much, but came home with these absolute gems...


1950's vintage horse and cart..lovely isnt it??? Just needs a little wood glue to get the inside of the wheel to sit straight and it will be in perfect condition!

I can't believe how good the condition is! I think it would look lovely sitting on a shelf in a child's bedroom..

I also bought this cute little Golli! I think he looks quite at home in his cart...

Two more vintage golden books... They are both in great condition and both from the late 60's era..

Love this one! Animals in cute little clothes are too cute to pass up!

On the crochet/knitting front....blanket edging is away for this week - it is too hot!!!! Unless I run the air conditioning full time, it is way too hot to complete the edging as I have to have it nearly on top of me to do it!  Baby love sweater is coming along nicely, I have made a few little alterations to the pattern to suit me better (I HATE picking up stitches so they went!) I'm hoping to have all the peices knitted this week so I can piece it all together next weekend. 

I also have some new patterns to try but have decided to have a "Knit Along" with my aunty - I am mailing her the yarn and pattern this week and we can knit the same thing together...I would love to have her here in person but she lives 6 hours away...:(

Anyway....husband is in the kitchen getting the roast ready and I am relaxing in the loungeroom...perfect for a Sunday afternoon!
Have a great week! 
Ciao
Bella
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment