Monday, January 17, 2011

Simple Pleasures

I have now been back at work for a week and my busyness has been slowly inching up a notch each day! Between working full time, studying a full time course and doing everything else a full life involves, there doesn't seem like room for much else! But as we women all tend to do, we thrive on this kind of life and are able to squeeze the most out of each moment, enjoying the simple pleasures life can bring, along with the challenges and routines of each day.
Last weekend was like that for me. I was up to my eyeballs in assessments and what not for my current unit and to be honest, was feeling the pinch now that I didn't have those wonderful holiday days to lounge around and take it easy! We had a full weekend in the diary, so I took a deep breath and off we went! I think when we do that sometimes, the oh-so simple pleasures come along and bring a little sweetness for us to breathe in and just be thankful that we are alive...

Husband and I headed off to Bathurst to pick up a antique piece of furniture we had bought the weekend before. We do love going out there, the slower pace of a country town and the scenery is enough to transport me to a quieter time. We picked up our cabinet...

It is a 1920's food safe...in perfect condition. We bought it for our kitchen, but this current house doesn't have room for it! We have got it in the loungeroom for this stage and when we move, it will go into the kitchen there!


We absolutely love it!

When I was at the antique place, I was having a quick wander through and I spied some vintage books. I LOVE vintage books!!! They make me feel all warm and cosy and like everything is right with the world! It makes me long for a simpler time and takes me back to when I was a child. Anyway, the owner of the shop threw these books in for free seeing as though we had just spent a bit of money with him already..
aren't they lovely?????

One of my all time favourites!! It was in excellent condition



I hadn't seen this one before, but definitely a new favourite!

Aren't they lovely? I had just read the most wonderful post during the week about vintage books, over at Aesthetic Nest www.aestheticnest.com
If you haven't looked at this blog before, DO IT!!!! It will change your life! Anneliese has the most amazing tutorials, inspirations and ideas. 

To top off a wonderful weekend of simple pleasures, husband came into the house and handed me these..



He is a total green thumb and we have the most lovely garden. He grew these himself and aren't they beautiful!

Finally, the crochet blanket I am making is finally taking shape. I am sewing all the squares together and getting ready to start on the edging!
The colours are a little different on the computer but you can get the gist!!

slowly slowly!

That's it for now....must run or I will be dreadfully late for work!
Here's to the simple pleasures in life - hope you find some today!

Ciao
Bella
xx


No comments:

Post a Comment