Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Mini Break

Bridget Jones confidently exclaims that a man must truly be "in love" if he takes his girl away on a "certified mini break"!! I don't know if this is quite true, however, husband managed to get a few days of work, so we hastily booked a hotel and off we went for a few glorious days of relaxation,....
We laid on the beach, swam in the surf, I mysteriously only got red-raw sunburnt on one half of one shoulder (NO idea why???), ate gloriously fattening seafood, laughed at the "Little Fockers" at the movies, drank wine, browsed antique and vintage shops and generally just enjoyed relaxing together...
This antique shop was great, lots of little gems and items that gave us a good laugh!
I got this bagain - 1950's lace (thinking it is nylon..) pretty pink little hearts, 50m of it for $8! I plan to use it on edging some cute little baby jumpers that are on the needles at the moment..
We also decided to walk across the Sea Cliff Bridge (it was a bit of a grey day, but we were loving it considering the day before had been a sweltering 42 degrees!) 
This bridge has only been around since 2005 and was built out of a response to the constant landslides that were affecting the old road...a big plus that it sweeps out over the coastline..a beautiful view!
I had to get a bit of history in somewhere...

as you can see by the "windswept" look of my clothing, it was really windy! 
About halfway onto the bridge, Hubby pointed out all the padlocks that were chained onto the fence. Upon looking closer, all of the padlocks were engraved, with a couple's names and the date they got married/got together or how many years they had been in love. I thought it was so sweet! There were literally hundreds of padlocks chained to the fence on the bridge...bridge of love!! (I know that sounds corny!)

We drove home via the coast road and stopped in at one of our favourite south coast antique shops and I got a few little goodies that I just couldn't leave behind!
This 1930's Beatrix Potter tin. I was used for children's biscuits at one point, but I thought it would be great for holding hair ties and clips, or to house my ever increasing stash of yarn needles!

cute isn't it!

I also got a few more goodies, but more on them later!
Ciao!

Bella
xxx





No comments:

Post a Comment