Wednesday, January 5, 2011

A Lovely Day at Home

My holidays are coming to an end (sniff sniff) and I have precious few days left. Today husband went back to work and I had nothing at all planned so I decided to have a nice quiet day at home. After spending most of the morning cleaning skirting boards, washing windows, cleaning the shower and vacuuming (I know you are all obscenely jealous of my thrilling life!) I decided to head out for a walk..I love walking in our local area...there is a lovely path I follow on the outskirts of our golf course which is so calm and peaceful....here are some pics I took today...

This is on the edge of our property..I know it is just a tree but I love it!
Where I head off the road onto my "nature path"
pretty isn't it??
this leads around the edge of the course..
the path gets a bit overgrown at times but I think that adds to the beauty..
these sunny little flowers are dotted along the path..

After my long walk I sat for a while! I made myself a nice cup of coffee, grabbed my latest crochet and an episode of "Little House on the Prairie" (my latest love..) and just relaxed..
I am making what seems like hundreds of these for a new blanket for the end of our bed..husband is happy for blue for our room so I have visions of blues, warm light browns and greys..this is the start!
slowly starting to piece it all together...

On another note, we are quite excited, husband today at work received a promotion AND a payrise! Such great news, we are having his favourite dinner to celebrate (baked dinner!) plus sticky date pudding and icecream for dessert...yum yum!

Ciao
Bella
xx







No comments:

Post a Comment