Friday, January 28, 2011

Knit Baby Knit!

My most lovely sister in law bought me a baby knit pattern book for Christmas (the most perfect gift for me, but also adds years to my life in the instant excitement I feel about completing ALL the projects in my summer holidays = not possible!). I'm that kind of girl. It is either all in or all not. I throw myself wholeheartedly (sometimes a little toooooo much!) into every venture! But I did give myself a stern talking too and decided to just do one of the easy patterns and give it away. Perfect. A friend at work is going to be a grandmother soon so I thought I would whip up a lovely jumper for the little girl to be.

I don't know who is the mastermind behind some of the beautiful patterns but they are gorgeous!

Nice and simple part garter stitch part stocking stitch. I have used Lincraft "Lullaby" 4ply 100% wool. It knits up beautifully and feels light, yet will be warm for the little one. Nice and easy to wear! 

I love the simple feel!

The stitches around the raglan edge have turned out neat and tidy but also plain..Once I sew it all together I was thinking of crocheting a few little flowers or perhaps hearts and lining one raglan edge in a diagonal pattern. Have to wait and see! 

Hoping to finish it sometime over the next week.

Ciao
Bella
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment