Saturday, January 22, 2011

Family and Crochet Love!

It has been a beautiful weekend! Filled with the simple pleasures of life that I love - family, children and the satisfaction that I am now onto my edging of my crochet blanket!!

My parents, sisters, husband and the kids spent Saturday at the river. It was lovely just lolling about in the water, watching the kids play and just enjoying each other's company. We had one slight scare when husband's wedding ring came off in the water. As the river was moving so fast, there was no hope he could find it. I was so disappointed, but just resigned myself to the fact that my husband would now be ring-less. However, being the determined man he is, he looked and looked and found it! Total fluke and miracle! Needless to say, it went straight into my bag.

The road on the way into the reserve

What is cuter than a little cherub enjoying splashing about!

My niece Macie enjoying the water. Isn't she adorable?

building sandcastles with mummy

I can do it myself!

My adorable niece Marlee! We call her Moose. Don't know why!

Once more...totally adorable!

cutie!

Myself (on the left) and my two sisters. What could be better!

the blanket is really starting to take shape! The squares are all put together and I have started the edging (I think it will take me a while as I have visions of a thick band to go around the outside)

I have used Patons 100% wool for all three colours (will get the colours to you soon), although I do remember that the darker blue is called "Periwinkle" - I love that word!!! Needless to say, I will be working furiously over the next week or so to get the edging finished. Not that any blankets are needed at the moment with all the hot weather we have been having!

Today will be a "around the house" day...husband is servicing my car, groceries need doing and all the other not-so-exciting stuff!

If you have a chance....go to http://knittinglemonade.blogspot.com/ - it is such a nice blog with so many wonderful ideas!!!

Have a great Sunday wherever you are!
Ciao
Bella
xx


No comments:

Post a Comment