Friday, January 28, 2011

Ecstatic Edging!!!!!!

Some say that I might need to get out a little more when they see how truly excited I am about how the edge of my crochet blanket is going. But I know you understand....it is exciting! I have been working on this for ages (in between all the other projects!) and now I am actually on the home stretch! Not long to go now and it will be time for me to say "ta-da"!!! (as my kids in my class say when they present truly wondrous playdough creations for my appraisal!) and present my new blanket.

But for now, a few edge pics for me to have a "mini ta-da" moment!

The edge will end up twice as thick as this with another few rows of different colour to finish it off. 



Now to all those critics who say I need to get out more! I have something for you!!!! I found this ad while flicking through the Womans Weekly and was instantly like "Yes. I am going."


Husband wasn't overly interested (even though he is normally into anything historic) but I am pumped. I love Edwardian history and also really love American pioneer history. I think this particular exhibition will also be particularly interesting as it focuses more around women in the day and time  and should surely include some of the handicrafts? I'm thinking historic embroidery. I'm so excited!
So to all those critics....Pfft!! Even though it might be to a museum and I may be going with my mother in law, I don't care!!! (in my defense, I know my sisters and friends wouldn't be interested....I'm not a lonely loser! hehe)

Thought I would also show you another of my loves...


My Janome! projects from this baby coming soon!

It's Friday night here...husband came home with Thai for dinner, so it was a cooking-free night for me. Perfect way to end a busy week. Enjoy your weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment